UC San Diego undergraduate computer science student Steven Shi is one of the inaugural recipients of the ServiceNow Scholarship. In this Q&A, he shares what excites him about computer science, and what he hopes to do in the future. Learn more about the inaugural cohort of ServiceNow Scholars here.
1) What excites you about computer science?
I like the versatility of CS, since it allows me to work with various fields all while using the same set of skills.
2) Have you been involved in any groups/orgs on campus that have been particularly meaningful or beneficial to you?
So far, the organization that I've joined that has been the most impactful is Triton Software Engineering.
3) Any idea what you'd like to do with your CS degree in the future?
I'd like to use my CS degree to get a job as a software engineer.
4) Any advice to students interested in studying CS?
Understand the basics, don't use memorization.
5) How does it feel to be named a ServiceNow Scholar?
It feels nice!
Post a Comment