Friday, January 8, 2016

#ILookLikeAnEngineer: Heryang Lee

Happy New Year! Thinking of switching majors or studying abroad as an engineering major? Check out this profile - part of our #ILookLikeAnEngineer campaign.

Name: Heryang Lee
Major: Structural Engineering
Graduation Date: June 2016



Why did you choose engineering at UC San Diego?
I was a Political Science major to begin with. I switched to an engineering major at the end of Fall quarter my freshmen year because I realized I was not only good at math and science, but I actually liked stuff related to engineering. I fell in love with the Structural Engineering department building, rediscovered my interest in architecture and met some of the coolest engineers I know in my first engineering class.


What are your career goals?
To be a part of building something that benefits a community and its people, and to develop as an ethical, respectful and worldly engineer.


Do you have a favorite quote or mantra?
“Follow the path of least resistance.”



What are three things that are unique about you?
1. I’m fluent in three languages.
2. I know how to ride a unicycle.
3. I studied abroad in Singapore for a semester (So yes, for engineers out there it IS possible to study abroad!)


What does this campaign mean to you?
This campaign, to me, means individualizing the large and often generalized engineering community at UC San Diego. We are beyond just strictly “studious” individuals -- we have our own struggles, aspirations and experiences that make us who we are and drive us to pursue engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment