Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Great Turnout for CSE Tutor Reunion

UC San Diego is really a second home. That was the word from many of the 170 alumni of the computer science tutor program who got together on a somewhat chilly Friday afternoon in the Bear Courtyard for their second-ever reunion.

"To me, it's not a tutor reunion, it's a family reunion," said Anu Mupparthi, who earned her master's here in 2011. "I come back to the people who made me who I am."

Mupparthi now works in the Google + Photo group. She found out about the tutor program her first quarter and tutored until graduating. She also had two children while at the Jacobs School.


"To raise two kids, work 30 hours a week and take classes, you need to be a superwoman and you need to have a superfamily," she said. "When so many people believe in you and support you, you can’t fail. You study harder, you dig deeper. You held me up," she told an audience of tutors and faculty members, "until I found the strength to stand on my own." 

We have pictures on Facebook here: http://on.fb.me/ZKnry1. A few snapshots below: 






No comments:

Post a Comment